Enlist this guide as a useful training reference for your IFR operations. This Instrument Procedures Handbook is based on FAA-H-8260-1. We also recommend that you become familiar with the pertinent part of 14 CFR and the Aeronautical Information Manual.
Who can benefit from this guide:
- Professional pilots using our charts who are conducting IFR operations in the NAS
- Certified instrument flight instructors
- Instrument pilots
- Instrument students
- Detailed coverage of instrument charts and procedures (IFR takeoff, departure, enroute, arrival, approach, and landing)
- Safety information covering subjects like runway incursion, land & hold short operations (LAHSO), controlled flight into terrain (CFIT), and human factors issues
- Guidelines specific to helicopter IFR operations
Performance standards for demonstrating instrument competence required for pilot certification are prescribed in the Instrument Rating & Airline Transport Pilot Practical Test Standards, as appropriate. Reprints of FAA Practical Test Standards also are available from Jeppesen.