The A20® Aviation Headset is engineered to be more comfortable and provide more noise reduction than any headset Bose has ever made, while still delivering the clear audio you expect from Bose. And now there are more features than ever, including: a Bluetooth® audio and communications interface, customisable audio prioritisation control; intuitive "plug-and-play" operation, a high-performance microphone and an optional coiled cable. And weighing just 340 g, it's still one of the lightest active noise cancelling headsets out there. No other headset offers this unique combination of features and benefits.
- 30% greater active noise reduction than conventional aviation headsets
- 30% less clamping force than conventional aviation headsets
- Clear audio with active equalisation
- Bluetooth® audio and communications interface for connectivity with your communications and navigation devices*
- Customisable audio prioritisation control lets you mute an audio signal when receiving a communication, or mix the two together
- Simple, intuitive headset operation—plug it in, turn it on, go flying
- Coiled cable down-cable now available in selected configurations
- Certified to FAA TSO-C139 and EASA ETSO-C139
- Adjustable powered microphone can be connected to either earcup and set in a range of stable positions for optimal communications
- Smart shutoff helps provide at least 45 hours of use from just two AA alkaline batteries
- Five-year transferable limited warranty
Next generation headset for pilots.
Over 20 years ago, Bose introduced active noise reduction headsets to the aviation industry - creating a new branch of industry. Year after year, our headsets are voted the most popular headsets by pilots. Now the A20 Aviation headset sets a new standard.
Enjoy an even quieter flight.
U.S. patented technologies in the A20 Aviation Headset provide even better noise reduction across the entire spectrum of human hearing - even in very loud environments. Each earcup is now equipped with microphones, both inside and outside, that use advanced electronics to capture and reduce background noise. Improved Bose ear cushions further reduce unwanted noise. The new cushioning material blocks out even more noise before it can enter the earcup - you'll experience quietness like never before with this headset.
And even more comfort.
The A20 Aviation headset also sets new standards in comfort and stability. The headset is more compact overall, but the inside of the earcup has been enlarged to provide more room for the ears. The U.S. patented cushions provide an even more soundproof finish, even over glasses. They also offer the highest level of comfort during long flights. The magnesium headband is extremely durable yet lightweight, and the sheepskin headband padding prevents pressure points.
The weight and the contact pressure have not been affected by these improvements. The A20 headset weighs only 340 grams and exerts significantly less contact pressure than most active headsets.
More comfort with AUX input and Bluetooth® technology.
The newly developed control module now has an AUX input with intercom/AUX switching. Many pilots will use this input for special GPS and traffic warning systems. The audio priority can be set so that when an incoming intercom signal is received, the AUX input is completely blocked out or the volume of the AUX input is simply reduced accordingly.
The Bluetooth® feature for mobile phones allows you to accept calls wirelessly via the A20 headset. The improved noise cancellation minimises interference from the mobile phone. Plus, the headset's built-in sidetone gives you a more natural feeling when making calls via Bluetooth®, even when you're disconnected from the intercom. Morevover, it is now possible to add another device in addition to the mobile phone for the purpose of audio streaming.
Intelligent power supply
The power supply in the A20 Aviation headset features an intelligent shut-off function that allows a minimum of 45 hours of use from just two AA alkaline batteries. In the fixed installation version of the headset, the technology automatically switches from on-board power to battery supply as needed.
- A20® Aviation Headset (incl. battery compartment, LEMO plug, straight cable, electret microphone, Bluetooth® connectivity)
- In-line clothing clip
- Control module
- 2 AA batteries
- Aux-in cable adapter
- Carry case (black)